Thursday, December 4, 2008

This is new for me...

Lately I have been so busy trying to let all my friends and family in on all of the deals I am getting it's getting too hard to keep track of who I told what. So I decided a blog might be the best way to go.

Hopefully I can be informative and inspiring to some along the way.

We spent the day in Des Moines trying to get as many free items as we could while Kmart is still doing Double Coupons.

The first Kmart we went to on Hickman Rd. I was pleasantly and they had almost everything we needed. We had a friendly cashier but I noticed the coupons were not deducting correctly.

Total before coupons on the 1st order was $61.42, after coupons total was $16.17. Surprisingly high considering most of the items I picked up would be free.

Total before coupons on the 2nd order was $61.03, after coupons total was $7.24. Much closer to the right amount but still more than it was suppose to be.

I told the cashier something had happened and the coupons were deducted incorrectly. She told me to take it to the service desk and have it taken care of. I took more than an hour and a lot of headache to get it sorted all through. When we finally did they refunded me back $29.xx, MORE than I had originally paid for both orders! So I walked away with $6 more dollars in my pocket.

I took the $6 and went to the Kmart on University. Their computer did both my transactions smoothly and I would have paid $26.50 before coupons, $.90 after, for my first order and $27.31 before coupons, $2.48 after, for the second. I still had about $3 in my pocket.

Here's what I got!!:
16 4 pack Oil of Olay bar soap
8 Gillette Body Wash
16 2 pack Duracell Batteries
16 Dove Beauty Bars
3 Tums Smoothies
8 16 oz. chocolate Nesquik milk
2 Rold Gold Pretzels
3 bags of Lifesavers candy
2 Blistex chapstick
3 Johnson's Buddy Bar soap
1 Crayola Twistable Pencils

Then we went to Walgreen's. I was in search of the Reach toothbrushes that reaped the Register Rewards but they were all out.

I bought 5 Colgate Total toothpastes.
They were on sale for $2.99 each.
I had $1 off coupons for all of them
And they gave me $2 in RR (register rewards) for each one purchased.

I bought 6 Crayola Color Wonder Kits that were on sale for 3/$13.98, bringing my total to $29.92.
-$10 in RR
Paid OOP (out of pocket) $19.92
I also received another $5 RR for an order over $25.

I then purchased 2 bottles of Echinacea that were B1G1 (buy one get 1) for $5.49.
Used the $5 RR
Paid $1.48 OOP

Total OOP for all items purchased today right under $30.